Episode 8 3D Game Engine Programming
3D Game Engine coding can be simple or complex.
Also see 2D Game Coding using Java
RSS feed is http://arksoft.libsyn.com/rss
I talk about books that I have been reading. I discuss techniques and concepts related to 3D game programming using Java. Though much of this content is about game development in general and only a small part is directly about Java or exact coding.
Books that I talk about..
- Black Art of Java Game Programming
- Black Art of 3D Game Programming C
- Building a 3D Game Engine C++
I talk about..
- Isometric Parallel Orthogonal view
- World Perspective view
- Rendering Pipeline
- Texture Mapping
- Shading Lighting
- Other effects
- Culling for efficiency
- Painters algorithm for removing hidden objects.
- Culling for removing hidden objects
- Z buffer and Z order
- Other culling methods
- Collision Detection and efficiency
- And other stuff.