Java Applications, Classes and Objects.
Classes and Objects are the basis for all Java Programs.
RSS feed is http://arksoft.libsyn.com/rss
In this episode I give you a lot of meat to digest.
I talk about
- What is a Java Application
- How the JVM starts up and loads classes
- How classes are unloaded.
- What is a Java Class and how are they Defined
- Class Header and Body and Types of Classes
- Fields and data types.
- Method Header and Body and Types of Methods
- Constructor Methods and the main method.
- Inheritance and Interfaces
- Encapsulation and information hiding.
- What is a Java Object
- How to instantiate an Object
- I forgot to talk about Garbage Collection so that will be in the beginning of the next episode.
- Casting objects to any of its parent types.
- Is-a and has-a relationships
- Pass by value vs pass by reference.
- What is OOP(Object Oriented Programming) and OOP Design
- Design patterns
- MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern.
- Singleton design pattern.
- Good vs bad design
- How to begin your app and when you should be concerned about design.
- Granularity, monolithic vs fine grained approaches.
- Over designing and how to avoid it.